TML - The Teaching Mission Website

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Walk with Me  (Read 958 times)

overmind

• View Profile
Walk with Me
« on: June 16, 2016, 19:13 »

Teacher: Father/Pre'Msha
Lesson: Working with God to Teach
T/R: Overmind
Date: June 15, 2016

Father: “My son, be not regretful in the times to come, as you will be faced with trials like any other, and may fall where others stand. Ultimately, you have the tools to set you free. Remember that all that matters is that you get to York in the allotted time and that you have the tools needed for survival.

It is important to concentrate here on the message at hand. What do you think about when I describe to you that you must work to survive?”

Me: “Gather food and water, while remaining in shelter?”

Father: “That is material subsistence. What about spiritual survival?”

Me: “Oh, doing the Father’s will, mostly by serving others?”

Father: “Yes, your service will be to others, and in many cases you will represent the Magisterial Mission. What you may not do is represent a celestial being, but you can present your case as the general tone taken by the mission group. You can speak for the group because you will be employed and sent out by the group. Your work is required to show humans that a relationship with us is not impossible. In fact, it is easy if time is spent on the task. It can also be fun, provided you are willing to work and learn. The question I give you is what is spiritual survival?”

Me: “To maintain the value of your existence, your life has to have spiritual fruit. It begins as a potential, but so long as the mortal is a moral being and possesses some of the positive characteristics of humanity that are born from hardship, there is usually no threat to survival.”

Father: “This is true. Your goal will be to shape that lower truth to a higher one. Make it so that My will is seen in all things. Make it so that seeing that will causes others to approach me in confidence. People must be willing to make that first step again and again, and My coming through Jesus is an excellent opportunity to let those rusty old wings out to fly for the first time. [I think this was a metaphor for atrophied faith muscles.] Do you understand the relief that will come from so many learning of the ascension career? You gained so much joy learning about it from the beginning, and it will be similar to that, but many of these people will not have a starting relationship with God. While some may not know me still, and reject the whole idea of continued life, others will wish to explore the possibility, either out of fear or a sense of wonder or desire. I’m not sure you understand that elation of the soul yet. You have been set free for a very long time now. You don’t remember the feelings and emotions that came through when you discovered truth. Here it will be a little different. Here people will be forced to eat the truth in front of them, not the truth they found for themselves. It is going to be very different from your experience, but this is to be expected.

There are very few instances in the universe where knowledge or acceptance of God swept through a planet all at once. It literally changes the reality on that sphere. This is why we have been so hesitant to present ourselves among the masses. They are fearful, and they don’t respond well to truth because they haven’t been brought up to accept it. Even when spiritual insight is realized, it happens in such a narrow field as it becomes impossible to reconcile it with the facts presented in the modern world. You have ample taste for it when it presents itself. Sometimes you ignore it, but you are mostly accepting of both the hard and sweet truth. You must share this feeling, this upbringing. You have to share how you got to this point. You have to share the connection between the love of God and the events of the present. You have to present reasons for why all is ultimately good in the universe, and how this gets reflected in the individual life plan. It is not an easy task, but you are still up to it. With training, you can teach millions. You just have to try and believe in yourself. Believe in me, as I will believe in you, and together we can walk far. That is all.”

SpeaktheWisdom

• A shadow is only relatively real.
    • View Profile
Re: Walk with Me
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2016, 21:40 »

My apologies if this is too needy but I wonder if you could expand on: "You have to present reasons for why all is ultimately good in the universe, and how this gets reflected in the individual life plan." Can you help me to understand the nature of these reasons? What might one be, as an example? And any others you care to share. How are these reasons reflected in the individuals life plan? Also what is the cause for using the term 'why' and not 'how' in the first part of the sentence? Wouldn't 'why' imply there is only a disposition as to that notion of 'ultimately good' rather than a factual reality of that notion? Wouldn't using 'how' express the factual reality that there is only good to be found when the perceiver takes an ultimate perspective?

If the answers to those questions are yes, then, did you mean to say 'why'? If you did, then doesn't that mean things are not ultimately good but that the intent is that things be ultimately good? As the relationship to the effectual standing of 'good' to the actual reality is only as far as the intent has motivated the actors to effect such a reality, proportionate to their volition. Is that correct? No inherent good, just effected good? Hope these questions are not too off putting, no offense intended! Just sincere inquiry. Please ignore if bothered!
Live loyally today-grow-and tomorrow will attend to itself. The quickest way for  tadpole to become a frog is to live loyally each moment as a tadpole.

overmind

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2016, 01:12 »

My apologies if this is too needy but I wonder if you could expand on: "You have to present reasons for why all is ultimately good in the universe, and how this gets reflected in the individual life plan." Can you help me to understand the nature of these reasons? What might one be, as an example? And any others you care to share. How are these reasons reflected in the individuals life plan? Also what is the cause for using the term 'why' and not 'how' in the first part of the sentence? Wouldn't 'why' imply there is only a disposition as to that notion of 'ultimately good' rather than a factual reality of that notion? Wouldn't using 'how' express the factual reality that there is only good to be found when the perceiver takes an ultimate perspective?

If the answers to those questions are yes, then, did you mean to say 'why'? If you did, then doesn't that mean things are not ultimately good but that the intent is that things be ultimately good? As the relationship to the effectual standing of 'good' to the actual reality is only as far as the intent has motivated the actors to effect such a reality, proportionate to their volition. Is that correct? No inherent good, just effected good? Hope these questions are not too off putting, no offense intended! Just sincere inquiry. Please ignore if bothered!

I would be glad to try to answer these when I have a good amount of time. As for the wording, I don't really have too much control over that during the transmission process. I just try to type down what I get so that I do not lose focus. There are times I receive an idea behind the words given, but not in this case. I'm also not used to being asked questions during a transmission, so my answers are bound to be off the cuff.

Lemuel

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2016, 11:55 »

Hello Overmind. 
                            I´ve just read your posting and feel I must respond.  I know this can be interpreted as presumption on my part, but
I felt as though Father was also talking to me.  It is such a wondrous thing and a great responsibility to be able to teach anyone and
point the way to their own spiritual development.  It is also very humbling!
Thank you Overmind for posting.
Lemuel

SpeaktheWisdom

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2016, 15:21 »

My apologies. I wasn't arguing the concept of word selection by you, as if to imply you would choose a different word. I was meaning to use such phrases to enlighten the responder/reader of my inquiry as to the concept of: 'what it could mean that the celestials chose this word'.

When we analyze the inherent elements of the words chosen it is interesting to see what we might find to be the actual meaning; a meaning which can commonly be glossed over by not looking closely enough or not thinking deeply enough about the meanings those elements bring to the whole sentence/paragraph/message etc. On a second note, I did not mean to imply these were questions for your session as I am aware this is a post of the session as it already took place. If you look at my inquiries, understand that I understand the nature of T/R and that I am not asking you anything that would not come from your own post-analyzation of the received message. Understand that I am not asking you to be the creator of messages, simply the commentator of received messages. I am not even asking YOU specifically beyond the fact that this message was shared with you and as such it is imaginable that you might have more specific insight into what the specific meanings of these words and this message are; the questions are open to anyone to answer/speculate on. My apologies for not being more clear! Thanks for your time and effort already! :)

Peace!
Live loyally today-grow-and tomorrow will attend to itself. The quickest way for  tadpole to become a frog is to live loyally each moment as a tadpole.

overmind

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2016, 18:18 »

My apologies. I wasn't arguing the concept of word selection by you, as if to imply you would choose a different word. I was meaning to use such phrases to enlighten the responder/reader of my inquiry as to the concept of: 'what it could mean that the celestials chose this word'.

When we analyze the inherent elements of the words chosen it is interesting to see what we might find to be the actual meaning; a meaning which can commonly be glossed over by not looking closely enough or not thinking deeply enough about the meanings those elements bring to the whole sentence/paragraph/message etc. On a second note, I did not mean to imply these were questions for your session as I am aware this is a post of the session as it already took place. If you look at my inquiries, understand that I understand the nature of T/R and that I am not asking you anything that would not come from your own post-analyzation of the received message. Understand that I am not asking you to be the creator of messages, simply the commentator of received messages. I am not even asking YOU specifically beyond the fact that this message was shared with you and as such it is imaginable that you might have more specific insight into what the specific meanings of these words and this message are; the questions are open to anyone to answer/speculate on. My apologies for not being more clear! Thanks for your time and effort already! :)

Peace!

I never implied that you were arguing about the contents. I just haven't had much time in general to practice or think about what was received. To answer what I missed last time:

My apologies if this is too needy but I wonder if you could expand on: "You have to present reasons for why all is ultimately good in the universe, and how this gets reflected in the individual life plan."

First is to compare why and how. "Why" means for what reason or purpose. "How" means in what way or manner. Since I received the words "present reasons for", it seems "why" was the best word to use, as it indicated there was a list of reasons for goodness in the universe. "How" then discusses the unfolding or actualization of such reasons within the various activities found in the universe and viewed from the individual's perspective. My conclusion is that these words were used in this way simply because it made the best sentence I could receive at that time. I really wouldn't look into the wording too much more than that, especially since this transmission was originally personal and may not have been given to me to teach others anything.

What might one be, as an example? And any others you care to share. How are these reasons reflected in the individuals life plan?

I think the main point here is that there is a silver lining in almost everything. Goodness can be found even in tragedy (in the long-term) if the experience is used as a stepping stone to improve the personality. Goodness is intrinsically linked to God's existence, which inevitably impacts how reality is structured and played out. I mean to say that since the starting point for understanding the good in the universe is understanding God, taking up that education (or maybe reading the relevant parts of the Urantia Book for instance) can help establish the founding purpose of reality as we know it. From that foundation, you can then draw a line to the present, and then the individual lives found within that present. The life plan of an individual being is connected with the general plan for the universe, since everything is integrated. The question is which parts in that connection are relevant to you.

There are a few important relationships here:

1. The creature-creator relationship that is found in the fatherhood of God.
2. The ongoing fields of causation found in time-space.
3. The potentials of every being that either can or will be actualized through space in time.
4. The impact every being can have on everyone else, or you personally. Likewise, how you can impact your fellows.
5. The growth of the individual in response to activities between others or the environment.
6. The spiritual insight that shows the connection between these different parts and the wisdom to use that information effectively.

All of those factors and more play a part in life, though the life plan is specifically about life's purpose for the individual, or why you exist and why you are experiencing things a certain way. The short answer to all of this is that we exist at the lowest spiritual stage where the greatest amount of freedom and forgiveness is present. Mistakes are inevitable because of imperfection, but mercy allows us to continue on despite that, sustaining our free intelligence long enough to either improve ourselves or regress into nothingness. The atmosphere that creates is unstable, but because of it, some of our greatest attributes can be created. We can actually reach higher ideals for behavior because evil and suffering are very real possibilities. On the spiritual side of things, that which reflects Paradise values remains real, while imperfections, error, evil, and sin fade away into nonexistence. Immediate perfection would establish these problems as unreal, but it robs us of the ability to willingly make the right decisions, because there are no wrong options that can be pursued. But most of the required learning to reach relative perfection after this stage happens long after human life. The task is to show how human life is the starting point for this journey, and that likely begins by showing what tools can be gained to carry you forward through eternity.

A section I often bring up is from Paper 3 of the UB:

(51.5) 3:5.6 1. Is courage — strength of character — desirable? Then must man be reared in an environment which necessitates grappling with hardships and reacting to disappointments.
(51.6) 3:5.7 2. Is altruism — service of one’s fellows — desirable? Then must life experience provide for encountering situations of social inequality.
(51.7) 3:5.8 3. Is hope — the grandeur of trust — desirable? Then human existence must constantly be confronted with insecurities and recurrent uncertainties.
(51.8) 3:5.9 4. Is faith — the supreme assertion of human thought — desirable? Then must the mind of man find itself in that troublesome predicament where it ever knows less than it can believe.
(51.9) 3:5.10 5. Is the love of truth and the willingness to go wherever it leads, desirable? Then must man grow up in a world where error is present and falsehood always possible.
(51.10) 3:5.11 6. Is idealism — the approaching concept of the divine — desirable? Then must man struggle in an environment of relative goodness and beauty, surroundings stimulative of the irrepressible reach for better things.
(51.11) 3:5.12 7. Is loyalty — devotion to highest duty — desirable? Then must man carry on amid the possibilities of betrayal and desertion. The valor of devotion to duty consists in the implied
danger of default.
(51.12) 3:5.13 8. Is unselfishness — the spirit of self-forgetfulness — desirable? Then must mortal man live face to face with the incessant clamoring of an inescapable self for recognition and honor. Man could not dynamically choose the divine life if there were no self-life to forsake. Man could never lay saving hold on righteousness if there were no potential evil to exalt and differentiate the good by contrast.
(51.13) 3:5.14 9. Is pleasure — the satisfaction of happiness — desirable? Then must man live in a world where the alternative of pain and the likelihood of suffering are ever-present experiential possibilities.

These are all general points, but they can easily relate to individual experience. The value of the life plan often exists through the challenges we face, and what we become afterward. The main issue I see in understanding the idea, though, is that while some events might be planned out or influenced, others occur from mere chance. Value can be gained from each, but individually, we don't really know what is what, and that can skew our interpretation. Understanding a life plan is not something that can be fully realized until after that life in finished, after which it can be reviewed properly in its entirety. Before that, we are restricted in what we can understand about it because it is still currently happening. Acting like an outside observer is impossible. So the overall point in my view is to present the fact that life has higher spiritual meaning than is normally realized, and that such meaning is rooted in God, the plan for the universe as a whole, and what can be gained from mortal life in the ascension career. Hope that helped.

SpeaktheWisdom

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2016, 05:54 »

Thank you. It has helped. I was asking due to a personal problem I was having and I was looking for more information on the subject. I happen to see what I thought could enlighten me if I had more clarity and the clarity you gave has helped, so I thank you!

And for all future reference, I use 'argue' lightly. I come from a science and speech & debate background so when I use the term argue or argument it means to put forward a posit and show the logical steps by which one concluded such posit. I generally don't ever mean it in the malicious or negative way. My apologies, again, for being unclear! :) Please bear with me, as there is little to no expression of tone in the digital communication systems. We are bound by the limits of emoticons for such expression and boy do they fail their purpose! ha.. Thanks again for taking the time!
Pages: [1]   Go Up