TML - The Teaching Mission Website

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Roger Krupa's introduction  (Read 509 times)

roger krupa

• All I haved learned is love, and love is all.
    • View Profile
Roger Krupa's introduction
« on: September 02, 2016, 01:38 »

Hello all...

I was born on October 15, 1954.  I spent my infancy with my aunt Jenney, who is beloved.  After Kindergarten I went back to my real home, a farm in central New York State, a few miles west of the town of Remsen, New York.  My parents were Catholic, but not very much.  I took religious ed. in grade school, but I didn't get much out of it.  "How wonderful that we have an appendix, that can rupture and kill us in agonizing pain..."  I don't see how that can possibly explain a God who is Love personified.  But this is about me, not my gripes.

As I entered High School I excelled in science but plummeted in math.  My English was acceptable and I really came to love history once I got a good teacher.  I was terrible in sports.  It is depressing to be the last pick in a gym team.  You just forget about it and find something better to do.  I tried wrestling and I managed to get second place in the lightweight division.  I wasn't big, but I was fast.  ( I made a basket at full court once, but we were playing volleyball at the time.)  All this time I have always wondered why I was here. 

February 14, 1972...
Viet Nam, peace, love, and drugs...
A friend of mine gave me a tiny piece of gelatin (4 way window- pain LSD) and said it would help me see.  Well I can say I saw a lot!   More than forty years later I remember every detail.  (I can't say I've sorted them all out yet.)  The most striking part of the whole experience was when I found myself "HOME."  The way it has always been, the way it will always be, the way it is. 

After High School I joined the Navy.  I specialized in electronics and was stationed in Corpus Christi, Texas.  I did not like being in the Navy.  I craved more freedom.  When I got out, fortunately honorable, I took that freedom in both hands and played it for years.  I'm lucky I'm still alive. 

One night I was relaxing, nearly asleep, when I was suddenly struck by a feeling of total IS-ness.  How else could I describe it?  Yes, Virginia, there is a God. 

A couple of years later I was in a bookstore and I saw a book that looked interesting.  I was not willing to spend twenty dollars that day, so I left.  For the next week I could not get that book out of my mind.  My angels were screaming, "Buy that book, buy that book."  The next time I had twenty bucks I went straight to that bookstore and I bought The Urantia Book.  I have never regretted that decision. 

Over the last many years I have tread many dark and dangerous paths of society but I have never deliberately caused anyone any harm.  It is by the grace of God that I never became addicted to any drugs, because I have used many.  I chalk it all up to experience and I pray that some of my experience may help others. 

I pledge myself to learn and follow the Will of God.  If I can be of any help in the Mission, I'm willing.

Domtia

daniel alderfer

• I will never leave or forsake you
    • View Profile
Re: Roger Krupa's introduction
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2016, 02:57 »

Dear Roger,
Thank you for writing this interesting life story. The details show the considerable experience you have had that will support you well in the tasks ahead. It's a colorful tale that makes mine seem a little ordinary.

Your experiences in school resonated with me because I too experienced some of those triumphs and trials that try men's souls, er I mean kids souls. The one thing I notice about you is your loving response to whatever comes your way. I want to be like that more myself. [We became acquainted and I got to know him on the Zoom conference call.]

For you to be here is something brought about by the Father I can say with no doubt and I will enjoy working with you in these years ahead in the Mission Work. The Farm experience there in New York state at least has you well aware of almost exactly the climate and terrain of the area of York.

Warmest love and regards. Daniel
« Last Edit: September 02, 2016, 03:01 by daniel alderfer »
While he was a great way off his father saw him and had compassion. Danielalderfer@hotmail.com, 970-618 1214,-  7223 Iron Oak Ave. Las Vegas NV. 89113

RonBesser

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2016, 13:14 »

Roger K.  I really enjoyed your skill at writing your story.  We are very similar in some of these things that you happened to you and your love of history and so on.  Now you must be careful these coming months as they are full of pratfalls that can be very distressing to the ego, and I see you have a good ego that lets you fly off the handle and then come back and perch on the olive branch for yourself and to the society you belong to. 

I would ask:  Do you dream in color?  Let me know!

Ron
Located in the future Magisterial Mission Capital of York, PA USA

Angela

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2016, 19:46 »

Roger, the capacity to love makes us wealthy in spirit, teachable and truth-seeking. I can see here and in our interactions in Zoom that you have an abundant capacity for love. It is a joy to know you, Angela
Pages: [1]   Go Up